Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finally... The Truth! (About Food)

Where are you going to be tonight at 8pm? At home - maybe flipping channels? May I suggest you check out the Discovery Health Channel's new series "The Truth About Food". I caught the first two episodes last night and if they were any indication of what's in store tonight, you'll find me on the couch with the TV flickering and notepad in hand - ready to get healthy! (Yeah, I take notes. ^_^) I'm the kind of person that's glued to the TV with Mysteries of Ancient Egypt on or those addictive house flipping shows. Any show that I can learn new things that I didn't know before - I'm so there! Hence this series is a welcome addition to my cool new shows to watch list.

I learned so much like - tomatoes cut down the amount your skin burns in the sun! That's totally awesome news for us with fair skin that usually end up looking like tomatoes in the summer sun. This led me to today's tomato run to a local stand for some lovely ripe ones! I'm not too sure if I could eat 11 lbs of raw fruits, veggies, and nuts every day - as was tried in the first experiment. Even so, they do give tips on how you can make small changes to your diet and still receive some benefits.

This show is a win-win no matter how you look at it. So tonight, skip that rerun of House (the season premiere is next Tuesday anyway) and check out The Truth About Food. And eat a tomato! ^_^

As a side note: I'm also the kind of person that will bake tons of chocolate chip cookies and triple fudge heavenly goodness and feed it to you on a bed of vanilla sundaes. I'm not a health nut, but I'd like to believe that eating even just a little bit healthier will balance out all the yummy indulgences in life. :)

As a side running-off-the-page note: I guess this is where I say check your local listings and times for this show. I'm on the east coast so if you're in another time zone, the show time could vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! ~Heather