Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dancing Feet

Hello everyone! These past two weeks, I've been busy getting some last minute Christmas orders sent out. Since it's my last full week at work, I am scurrying to make sure everything is finished - on time and out the door. :)

While editing at my computer, I've been staring out the window and enjoying the scenes of lovely snow falling - and then melting. I think our yard was covered in white for one whole day! Now I'm treated to such lovely sights as fog and overcast winter light. But since colors really pop in this weather, the gray skies aren't too dismal or sad. (By the way, winter light is gorgeous for pictures!)

I was going through some photos from earlier this year when I chanced upon a darling pair. This little girl who we'll call "E" was in her grandparent's kitchen. As she was watching her family cook lunch, her feet began to do a peculiar little dance. No one seemed to see it as they were busy preparing the food - I'm not even sure if "E" knew what her feet were doing. But her little dancing feet caught my eye. I quickly caught these two moments before she had to move out of the adults' way and find another spot.


I have more images of "E". (She has the cutest, pinchable cheeks. ^_^) But these little feet remind me of the free spirits children possess and the whimsy they bring to our lives. When was the last time your feet danced by themselves?

Here's to remembering that free spirit inside all of us that just wants to break out and dance! Invite them out to play and dance this Holiday season.

Cheers!
~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! ~Heather