Saturday, April 5, 2008

3 years ...(and a day)

Yesterday, I awoke to a torrent of rain. I thought it was ironic. Three years ago, I had awoken to the same rain gusts - hundreds of miles away. However, the morning's rain didn't stay long. The sun broke over the clouds by afternoon - exactly as it had done three years to the day - April 4, 2005.

I remember that day so clearly. It was truly the happiest day of my life. I think Jeremy feels the same way too. =) Can you guess what happened three years ago (and one day)?



Happy Anniversary to us! hehe... I was so happy at our wedding and completely stress-free (even though there were plenty of things that didn't go exactly according to plan). But because I knew that us getting married that day meant we would always get to be together, I was fine with whatever came my way. We'd still be married at the end of the day!


We played hooky yesterday and spent a special anniversary lunch at a new favorite (in a new home town) - Mikado's. The music was hip. The setting: hot, moody, and a little sultry too. Seriously, what I wouldn't give to do a photo shoot in there! I was talking to Jeremy about it throughout our meal. Jeremy, can you picture a boudoir shoot over there on that lounge sofa with that spot light? Wouldn't it be awesome? It'd be HOT! And of course, the food was yum~mmy! Jeremy approved of the tempura fried, pound cake wrapped-ice cream. ^_^ (Random thought) You know the weirdest thing yesterday? The color scheme at Mikado's was in our wedding colors. Even the actual texture of the bridesmaid's dresses were part of their wall decor! Weird coincidence, huh? Or maybe it was a diabolically genius plan of Jeremy's to surprise me and re-decorate the restaurant JUST for our Anniversary?! lol... (Jeremy said he didn't do it though. Shame, that would have been crazy romantic - or just plain crazy.)


Hopefully we can extend the anniversary celebration through this weekend. Three-day fun (anniversary) fest! Woot!


To Jeremy: Happy Anniversary, my love! These three years went by way too fast! But that's ok. I know we got plenty more to enjoy - so bring them on! I can't wait! ^_^ love, Heather


Wishing everyone a day(or weekend) of love with someone extra special!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! ~Heather