Thursday, August 23, 2007

Best Belated Birthday Blog (b)-Ever!

Yesterday was the birthday of someone I love, respect and admire. And someone who can be quite trying at times but is still willing to take out the trash in the rain. Yuckie! Yep, its my hubby Jeremy! Love yas! We got to take some time off yesterday to enjoy it. And despite his not being one to really celebrate birthdays, we still managed to have some fun!

Early that morning, I decided that he should have a birthday candle in everything he ate! So I started off the day with my super yummy cinnamon streusel birthday muffins.


But he woke up before I got them on a plate. I quickly stuck a candle into one and presented it to him. Well, the morel of the story is don't let a candle sit too long in a fresh-from-the-oven muffin or all the wax melts off of the candle and into the yummy muffin. (end of morel) (begin punchline) ...And that's how his birthday muffin became a holey one! :) (wakka~wakka~wakka) At least we got a pretty picture before the demolition.


The rest of the days' meals didn't really afford the use of candles, thus dashing my wonderful candle-filled birthday scheme: traditional birthday hash browns - too flat, chili - too soupy, and a super-frozen snickers ice cream cake - too hard! (He's not one for dry cake or gobs of frosting hence the genius idea of an ice cream cake was born) Now if only it wasn't such a terror to cut into. Maybe the candle could have been hammered into it's thick, chocolaty shell... but it probably wouldn't have been too good for the candle. At least he got one candle for the day. May he just wants to pretend he's turning one. lol

So, here's to my Jeremy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May you have many more filled with dancing squirrels and guitar-rocking! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys!
    Happy Birthday Jeremy!
    My name is Jen and I met Jeremy at the Baltimore PUG meeting a few months ago. I've been looking at your blog ever sine - BEAUTIFUL work you guys!
    Anyhow - don't kill me, but I just 'tagged' you for this game that is going around. Just go to my blog (http://www.jlowephotos.com/blog) to see what you have to do and have some fun doing it!
    Looking forward to seeing you at another meeting soon, although I won't be at the next one - finally time for a vacation!
    Take care!
    jen lowe
    JLowe Photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad my brother had a good b-day. I enjoy reading your guys' blog. Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ~Heather