Saturday, August 4, 2007

Summer Makeover

Ah yes, the weekend has arrived! It's a nice break from a long work week. Jeremy and I have been busy gearing up for the DC bridal show happening this month - August 19th. I'm really excited about the new album designs I've created for the show and I can't wait to share them! I might even be tempted to post one or two pages up on here... hehe ^_^ I've also been contemplating a new look for the blog. With such a beautiful and sunny summer, our dark black was feeling rather ...well, dark. So I decided to give it a little summer makeover! What do you think? Jeremy is always teasing me that I love bright colors and why don't I use more of them. Well, here they are - on a calming, clean white palette. Perfect balance, eh?

Today on our day of rest, we decided to go see the new Simpson's movie. I wasn't too sure about it. A Simpson's episode for 1 1/2 hours? Well... I was wrong. Actually, pleasantly surprised. I was already a fan of the show, just not as of these last episodes. The movie, which I thought would feel drawn out, actually flowed very well. It was a Simpson's episode but done... really well! (Have I mentioned it was a really well-done movie? lol) The Simpson humor was there - Homer strangling Bart jokes, physical comedy performed by Mr. Simpson himself in very painful ways, inside jokes about past episodes - event a decent story to pull it all together. Oh and tons of parodies! They were hilarious! I'm so glad I went out and saw it. Just what I needed. Thanks Jeremy! It's so nice to find unexpected joys in your day. Even if you have to be nudged into them. :)

Jeremy was kind enough to "simpsonize" us to mark the movie debut. And he even placed us on our favorite walking path. awe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! ~Heather