Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fizzy, Whirly, Wonderfulness!

I had the most wonderful experience last night! I went to a seminar! ...huh? Yes, a photography seminar.The Austin leg of The Free To Succeed Tour by David Jay and Jasmine Star. Sound fun? I know, I felt the same way going in. "These two are great photographers. I'm sure what they say will be helpful, informative, and educational. Can't go wrong with learning a new thing or two."

What it turned out to be was one, big eye (and heart) opener. I can't say I ever cried at a seminar before, but I'll admit it, I cried during Jasmine's talk. It just hit me - a deep connection to one of her experiences. It resonated with me so much, that tears just came. It totally took me by surprise. Is this still a "seminar"?



What began with DJ and Jasmine's encouragement and simplistic yet profound insight continued to follow me throughout the night. I didn't get much sleep. =) I couldn't help it! I was so excited and anxious and ...everything all at once! I could feel things buzzing in me that hadn't "buzzed" in a long time and I didn't want that feeling to go away.

So I am writing this post for me. To keep me honest. To keep me real. What I learned from DJ and Jasmine is something I want to take into my photography and beyond. It's a new way of thinking and living. And I really want to remind myself over and over again just how this fizzy, whirly wonderfulness feels - until I can make it my own.

Thanks for listening to me. =) I appreciate it. If you happen to be a fellow photographer/ creative mind, check out the tour site for the city nearest you. If you're able to get to one of their seminars, go! It was the best thing I've done for myself and my future in a long, long time.

(I'd like to say hey to the ladies I met last night! Grace from Corpus Christi and Courtney from beaubaby right here in Austin. I hope you came away with as much inspiration as I did. Keep in touch!)

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 31, 2008

    Hi Heather... I know what you mean about being jazzed by DJ and Jasmine. You and I didn't get a chance to talk (bummer), but I was there last night as well and I'm very glad that I went. They are truly inspiring. Hopefully we'll get to meet sometime soon... I'd like to expand my network of Austin photographers. K.I.R.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!!!
    I'm so glad that I met you! I didn't have internet access while traveling...so I didn't get to check email, comment or post about Free to Succeed, but oh was it awesome! I felt like a Jasmine Star & DJ groupie! I've never been a groupie for anything!

    Your images are beautiful! I especially like the one with the people on the scooter. How fun to travel for weddings!

    So I have like 2 google signons...but this is my personal one (vs the business one)

    I would love to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace - I'm glad you got back safely. Did you see you were in Kenny Kim's slideshow? You're so cute. ^_^ I bet Jasmine will have quite a lot of groupies after their tour!

    Tony - Sorry I missed you. If you do want to get together, lemme know. East coast transplants, Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather,

    It was great meeting you! I absolutely came away from the seminar with a huge amount of inspiration and brand rocking desire. Jasmine's energy alone is awe inspiring :)

    Also, speaking of branding, I love your blue polka dot coffee table book! It's so clean and crisp.

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ~Heather